I was nominated for the Liebster Award :) I feel soooo excited and honored. This award is given to new bloggers with 200 followers or less (that's definitely me - thank you my 8 followers!!!). I was nominated by Rae at Mindful Rambles. Go check her out, tons of great stuff!
And the rules are:
1. Post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the questions the nominator set for you
3. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them to your post.
5. Leave a comment on this post if you were nominated so I can learn more about you and see who you nominate
My 11 randoms:
1. I have 4 cats (Snack, Scout, Thomas, and Munchkin) and 2 dogs (Simon and BB).
2. These animals almost caused my husband to dump me when we were dating! (I had two more dogs at the time - I must admit, it was a bit of a zoo)
3. I grew up in Gray Georgia, which at the time was a 1 red light tiny town. It is now a metropolis.
4. I started working with kids with disabilities when I was in 7th grade. My mom made me volunteer at Special Olympics and I was hooked.
5. I have run 3 half marathons. I LOVE to run and would run more, but I fractured my femur while training a year ago and am still in recovery.
6. My favorite animal is the Hippopotamus.
7. I am deathly afraid of moths and butterflies - they are just so darn unpredictable and could fly into my ear!!!
8. I collect folk art, especially metal fish. I have multiple pieces by R.A. Miller and am always on the lookout for something cool.
9. I drive a Subaru Outback. Just bought it a couple of months ago and I feel like I belong in a commercial. It's that cool.
10. When I was 12 years old, my dad told me that if I wanted a car when I was 16, I had to help build one myself. He and I rebuilt a 1937 Dodge Pickup Truck and I drove it all throughout highschool. It still sits in their garage waiting for me to figure out how to get it to Texas.
11. My mom and dad are currently living at my house while my dad recovers from a stroke. I am enjoying having them here way more than I should!
Now, for my nominations: (though I must admit, I'm pretty sure all of them have been nominated already!)
1. The Autism Tank
2. The Autism Helper
3. Breezy Special Ed
4. Chapel Hill Snippets (ok, she has 215 followers, but I still LOVE her)
5. Mrs. H's Resource Room
6. A Special Kind of Place
7. The Puzzling World of Autism
8. Resource Room Rules
9. A Special Teacher for Special Kids
10. Talk It Up
11. Special Smart Special Hearts
Make sure you jump over and check out these guys. Each of them provides so many resources, tidbits, stories, and just plain good ideas!!!
Ok, here are the questions I was given to answer:
1. If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
Hmmm, ability to transport. I miss my friends/family in Georgia so much and would love to be able to get there and back quickly!
2. If you weren't a teacher/educator/your current occupation, what would you be? I wonder this all the time! I'm not skilled to do ANYTHING else! I think if possible, I'd love to work with the animals at a zoo
3. You had to choose: sense of smell or sense of taste. Smell, definitely (as long as it doesn't affect my taste!)
4. What is your favorite genre of book?Trashy mystery whodunits!
5. What is your favorite genre of music?Folk
6. If you could visit any place in the world, and money was no object, where would it be? Egypt!! (if it were safe as well)
7. What was your favorite subject in school? What was your least favorite? Favorite - Language Arts/Drama; Least favorite - Math
8. What is one way that you do to ensure a healthy lifestyle? Until I was injured, I ran on a daily basis. Now, I try to drink water and eat healthy
9. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? at least 8, 10 if possible! I need my sleep!
10. What is your favorite drink, alcoholic or not? Changes on a frequent basis. I am addicted to Diet Cherry Coke, but I have quit drinking those! I do love a good glass of wine.
11. Do you have any hidden talents? If so, what? Not sure I would call it a talent, but I can type out words with my toes (using only my big toes)
Ok, here are the questions for my nominees:
1. What made you decide to work in the field of Special Education?
2. What is your favorite animal and why?
3. How do you like your eggs cooked?
4. What is your favorite childhood memory?
5. What was your favorite subject in school?
6. What is your favorite drink?
7. What genre of book do you like most?
8. If you could have any superpower, what would it be?
9. If you were able to travel anywhere in the world, money and safety are guaranteed, where would it be?
10. Where is the furthest you've traveled from home?
11. Sweet or Salty?
For all my nominees, copy and paste the above instructions, questions, and such to your blog. And don't forget to comment on my post when you are done, so I can check out some new interesting info about you :)