Saturday, October 27, 2012

Work Box Weekend

Ok, so I've been absent from posting for the past week.  It has been one of those weeks.  The type where you go to school at 6AM and leave at 7PM and still don't get all that you need done.  I've had a kid testing the limits and tantruming for HOURS, parent conferences, grades due, IEP updates due, etc, etc, etc.  BUT, the week has ended and I'm getting back on track.
Here are some more work boxes to get me back in the posting routine!

Button Practice - I have two students who have buttoning/unbuttoning objectives.  I cut the waist band out of a few pairs of mens pants with the various types of buttons that these students wear.  The students have to put the pants around their waist and button them, then show me, then unbutton and put back in the box.  It has helped them tremendously!  (I forgot to take a picture of the actual box)




Animal Match - Students match small animal toys to pictures of the animals.







Folding T-Shirts - Last year, my husband gave me the best Christmas present EVER. . . a flipfold board for folding t-shirts. This is great for ALL kids and creates a perfectly folded t-shirt!
 




 

 Spring Sort - Students create a package of items from Easter sales.  Includes an egg, a spinning top, a maze, a straw and a bunny straw holder.  No fancy template necessary - just a hand-drawn template which kids follow.




 

Candle Pack - Students package six candles into their packages.


2 comments:

  1. Love the animal match! I will making that next weekend. Thanks for sharing and I hope the week ahead is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great ideas Erin! I am so happy to have found your blog...I am your newest follower. =)

    I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete